Information for HE providers
The Graduate Outcomes record marks a significant change in how we collect and publish data about the activities and perspectives of graduates.
We have developed a model of open centralisation for this record. This model involves the record being administered centrally, with HE providers retaining a significant stake in the record’s development and having swift access to the responses achieved.
The following pages are designed to support you in the transition from the current DLHE survey to Graduate Outcomes. They include operational materials to assist in the collection of contact details, as well as an overview of the roles and responsibilites of providers. These resources will continue to expand as we progress with implementation.
Input from the Graduate Outcomes steering group
The information on the following pages is provisional ahead of our first meeting of the Graduate Outcomes steering group. This group – which contains representation from across the sector – will advise us on the standards and approaches we should adopt.
We are publishing provisional information now in order to:
- Allow you to understand at a top-level what Graduate Outcomes will involve, and to enable you to begin assessing the consequences of this new collection on your provider.
- Support the collection and maintenance of contact details for your graduates – activity that needs to be happening now.
Our first release of materials, published on 27 June 2017, includes the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of providers, including overview information on:
- Practical information to support the collection of contact details
- Communication resources
- Data protection guidance
- Data protection actions for providers
- Training and support.
We plan to publish a further batch of resources in late September/early October following the first meeting of the Graduate Outcomes steering group.
Elsewhere on the site you can find:
- A summary of the key principles behind the new model for collecting graduate outcomes data
- An overview of the membership and responsibilities of the Graduate Outcomes steering group
- The implementation timetable.