Data Landscape Steering Group
The HE Data Landscape Steering Group provides oversight and leadership to the data landscape.
The group was established after the Higher Education Data & Information Improvement Programme (HEDIIP) defined a new architecture for the landscape that will reduce the burden on HE providers and improve the quality, timeliness and accessibility of data and information about HE.
The Data Landscape Steering Group pursues these objectives through the promotion of good practice in the collection and handling of data, the development and adoption of a standard data language and the rationalisation of data collections through a transformed HESA.
The group is supported by an Advisory Panel containing nominations from a broad range of providers, sector groups and HE data collectors.
Terms of reference
The HE Data Landscape Steering Group will:
- Work to reduce the burden of data collection and improve the quality, timeliness and accessibility of information about HE
- Oversee, and promote the use of, standard data definitions in order to reduce the burden of collections and to increase opportunities for data sharing
- Work to rationalise the number of different data collections
- Promote high standards in the collection and handling of data
- Foster a stronger sense of collaboration and cooperation amongst the data collectors
- Foster a stronger sense of collaboration and cooperation between the data collectors and the HE providers
- Publish an annual report that measures progress against its core aims.
The members of the group are:
|Vikki Goddard||Director of Faculty Operations (Humanities)||The University of Manchester|
|Eileen Schofield||University Secretary & Chief Operating Officer||University of Stirling|
|Gordon Sweeney||Director of Education||Point Blank|
|Jane Fawkes||Deputy CEO||University College of Estate Management (UCEM)|
|Nick Leake||Chief Information Officer||Kings College|
|Giles Carden||Director of Strategic Planning and Analytics||University of Warwick|
|Richard Puttock||Head of Data and Management Information||Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)|
|Helen Thorne||Director of External Relations||UCAS|
|Paul Clark||Chief Executive||HESA|
|Helen Mansfield||Head of Information Development (Data & Standards)||Health Education England|
|Paul Smith||Head of Partner Services||Student Loans Company|
|Andrew Wright||Executive Directorate||Research Councils (RCUK)|
|Kirsty White||Head of Planning, Research and Development||General Medical Council|
You can contact the secretariat for the group via email.