Notification of changes for the DLHE 2014/15 collection
A major record review of the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey took place between February 2010 and May 2011. The resulting changes were implemented for the 2011/12 collection.
It was a fundamental review with particular reference to the content of the questionnaires, methodology, coverage, functionality of the DLHE online survey, possible technical update, and the interaction between the DLHE and Longitudinal DLHE surveys.
The post-implementation review
Following the collection of the 2011/12 DLHE survey data, a post-implementation review commenced in March 2013. Resulting changes were implemented over two collections, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
- 31 May 2013: Sector consultation and HESA assessment
- 31 July 2013: Requests for changed or new information to be submitted to HESA
- 7 August 2013: Review Group meeting
- 31 October 2013: Review Group meeting
- 30 November 2013: Release of Summary of changes - changes to be implemented for 2013/14
- 30 November 2013: Sign off
- 23 September 2014: Release of Summary of changes - changes to be implemented for 2014/15.
Representation on the review group
Higher education providers
- University of Birmingham
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Cardiff University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- The University of Edinburgh
- The Careers Group, University of London
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Nottingham Trent University
- The Open University
- Royal College of Art
- Royal Northern College of Music
- University of Sheffield
- University of Strathclyde
- University of York.
HESA Statutory Customers
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Department for Employment and Learning for Northern Ireland (DELNI)
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW)
- National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
- Research Councils
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- Welsh Government.
Users of the data/professional bodies
- Graduate Labour Market Task Force (GLAM)
- Higher Education Careers Service Unit (HECSU).
And members of HESA staff.