Destinations and outcomes: Major review
A fundamental review of destinations and outcomes for leavers from higher education (HE) commenced in July 2015. It is due to conclude in summer 2017.
Update 10 April 2017: We have now finished our second and final consultation as part of the NewDLHE review. We will be publishing the results in June.
The review’s scope includes the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, the Longitudinal DLHE survey, and contextual data within other data collections. It is anticipated that the outcome will result in the 2017/18 (C17018) DLHE survey being replaced with something new.
Further information on the reasons for the review, and its scope, are available in our remit for a fundamental review of information needs.
Due to external dependencies, dates are not yet fixed. This timescale is indicative of the activities taking place, as opposed to a final set of activities.
- 20 July 2015: Launch review
- 16 November 2015: First Strategic Group meeting (agree remit)
- 19 November 2015: First Working Group meeting (explore remit)
- 8 December 2015: Second Working Group meeting (develop work programme)
- 22 February 2016: Third Working Group meeting (plan consultations)
- 11 May - 14 July 2016: Consultation on requirements (multi-strand)
- 03 October 2016: Second Strategic Group meeting (determine direction and approach)
- 24/25 October 2016: Fourth Working Group meeting (develop outline specification and business case)
- Spring 2017: Publication of recommendations seeking mandate for change
- June 2017: Publication of detailed implementation plan
We received over 200 reponses to our consultation on the principles and future requirements for data about graduates. We published a synthesis of the outcomes in October 2016.
On 6 March 2017, we launched our second consultation. You can find the consultation here.
Terms of reference
The review will comprise a strategic and a working group. More details about the nature of these groups are available in the terms of reference.