Notes to tables - Estates management 2011/12
- The list of institutions in the HESA products for 2011/12 has changed:
- Leeds College of Art joined the HE sector
- Leeds College of Music left the HE sector
- Edinburgh College of Art merged with The University of Edinburgh
- The School of Pharmacy merged with University College London in January 2012. Both institutions continued to make separate returns for the 2011/12 HESA reporting period. A single return will be made in 2012/13.
- The following institution has changed its name in the HESA products for 2011/12:
- Scottish Agricultural College changed to SRUC.
- University of London is a confederal organisation. The colleges of the university, shown separately in the HESA reference volumes, are:
- Birkbeck College
- The Institute of Cancer Research
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Goldsmiths College
- Heythrop College
- Institute of Education
- King’s College London
- London Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Queen Mary and Westfield College
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Holloway and Bedford New College
- The Royal Veterinary College
- St. George’s Hospital Medical School
- The School of Oriental and African Studies
- The School of Pharmacy
- University College London.
In addition, the institutes within the umbrella of University of London (Institutes and activities) are:
- University of London Institute in Paris
- University Marine Biological Station, Millport
- School of Advanced Study comprises:
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Institute of Classical Studies
- Institute of Commonwealth Studies
- Institute of English Studies
- Institute of Germanic Studies and Romance Studies
- Institute of Historical Research
- Institute of Musical Research
- Institute of Philosophy
- Institute for the Study of the Americas
- Warburg Institute.
- In 2011/12 the following institutions did not make an EMS data return to HESA:
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- The University of Buckingham
The FSR submissions for The University of East Anglia and The University of Essex include figures for income, net return, net assets and deferred capital grants for the University Campus Suffolk, which is a 50:50 joint venture between these two universities.
The School of Pharmacy merged with University College London in January 2012. Both institutions continued to make separate returns for the 2011/12 HESA reporting period. However, The School of Pharmacy provided a partial Finance Statistics Return (FSR) covering the period 1 August 2011 to 31 December 2011. The FSR for the period 1 January 2012 to 31 July 2012 has been included in the FSR figures of the University College London. This should be taken into account when analysing either The School of Pharmacy or University College London 2011/12 FSR data.
Harper Adams University College mis-reported D38c.C01: Energy emissions Total HEI in their 2011/12 EMS return. The figure has been suppressed from the main table. The corrected figure is as follows: D38c.C01: Energy emissions Total HEI = 1372441.53.
The University of Keele mis-reported D78e.C13: Sum of Non-Residential GIA (D11(C13)) in DEC or EPC category E Total Non-Residential in their 2011/12 EMS return. The figure has been suppressed from the main table. The corrected figure is as follows:
D78e.C13: Sum of Non-Residential GIA (D11(C13)) in DEC or EPC category E Total Non-Residential (m2) = 13412 m2.
D38c.C01b: Energy emissions Total HEI - Gas
In their 2011/12 EMS return, the University of Dundee used an old DEFRA conversion factor of 0.18322 instead of the up-to-date factor of 0.18521 resulting in a 1% discrepancy. The corrected figure is 6,746,852.105 Kg CO2.
The FTE staff Total HEI for University College London appear blank within the data, this is due to some component parts of this total being returned as blank rather than zero. Staff FTE is not a mandatory item within the EMS return so all HEIs with blank Staff FTE have chosen not to supply this data. Caution should be taken when analysing staff FTE data within the EMS return.
The Water consumption figure (D38b.C01) for The University of Strathclyde appears blank within their data, this is due to a component part of this total being returned blank rather than zero. The figures should be:
D38b.C13: Water consumption Total Non-Residential (m3) = 242093
D38b.C14: Water consumption Residential (m3) = 0
D38b.C01: Water consumption Total HEI (m3) = 242093
© Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited 2013.