Finances of Higher Education Providers 2010/11
Release date: 3 May 2012
Finances of Higher Education Providers contains a subset of the finance data returned. It focuses on income and expenditure figures with breakdowns by source and category of spending.
The tables can be used to examine income from funding council grants, tuition fees & education grants, research grants & contracts and endowment & investment income.
Details on how much higher education providers spend on academic staff costs and the cost of depreciation are also included. Many of these tables are also cross-tabulated by cost centre and HE provider.
- Table 1: Income and expenditure by HE institution 2010/11 and 2009/10
- Table 2: Income of UK HE institutions by source and region of institution
- Table 3: Income by HE institution and source of income
- Table 4: Income from funding body grants and tuition fees and education contracts by HE institution
- Table 5: Income from research grants and contracts, other income - other services rendered, other income - other and endowment and investment income by HE institution
- Table 6: Expenditure by activity, location of HE institution and categories of expenditure
- Table 7: Expenditure by HE institution, categories of expenditure and activity group
- Table 8: Academic department expenditure by HE institution, academic department and categories of expenditure
- Table 9: Academic services and administration and central services expenditure by HE institution and categories of expenditure
- Table 10: Research grants and contracts expenditure by HE institution and categories of expenditure
- Table 11: Total income and expenditure by source of income and category of expenditure 2010/11 and 2009/10
- Table 12: Capital expenditure by HE institution and source of funds