Notes to tables - Estates management 2012/13
- The list of institutions in the HESA products for 2012/13 has changed:
- The School of Pharmacy merged with University College London in January 2012. Both institutions continued to make separate returns for the 2011/12 HESA reporting period. For 2012/13 a single return was made by University College London
- Swansea Metropolitan University merged with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- The University of Wales Newport merged with the University of Glamorgan in April 2013, forming the University of South Wales. Both institutions continued to make separate returns for the 2012/13 HESA reporting period.
- The following institutions have changed their name in the HESA products for 2012/13:
- The Arts University College at Bournemouth changed to The Arts University Bournemouth
- Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln changed to Bishop Grosseteste University
- Harper Adams University College changed to Harper Adams University
- Leeds Trinity University College changed to Leeds Trinity University
- Newman University College changed to Newman University
- Norwich University College of the Arts changed to Norwich University of the Arts
- Queen Mary and Westfield College changed to Queen Mary University of London
- Royal Agricultural College changed to Royal Agricultural University
- University College Falmouth changed to Falmouth University
- University College Plymouth St Mark and St John changed to University of St Mark and St John.
In addition to changing their name, the following institutions have also changed UKPRN for 2012/13:
- Harper Adams University changed to 10040812
- University of St Mark and St John changed to 10037449.
- University of London is a confederal organisation. The colleges of the university, shown separately in the HESA reference volumes, are:
- Birkbeck College
- The Institute of Cancer Research
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Goldsmiths College
- Heythrop College
- Institute of Education
- King's College London
- London Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Queen Mary University of London
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Holloway and Bedford New College
- The Royal Veterinary College
- St George's Hospital Medical School
- The School of Oriental and African Studies
- University College London.
In addition, the institutes within the umbrella of University of London (Institutes and activities) are:
- University of London Institute in Paris
- University Marine Biological Station, Millport
- School of Advanced Study comprises:
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Institute of Classical Studies
- Institute of Commonwealth Studies
- Institute of English Studies
- Institute of Historical Research
- Institute of Latin American Studies
- Institute of Modern Languages Research
- Institute of Musical Research
- Institute of Philosophy
- The Warburg Institute.
- In 2012/13 the following institutions did not make an Estates management record data return to HESA:
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- The University of Buckingham
The FSR submissions for The University of East Anglia and The University of Essex include figures for income, net return, net assets and deferred capital grants for the University Campus Suffolk, which is a 50:50 joint venture between these two universities.
The University of The Arts, London have reported that they have used the 2011 DEFRA conversion factors in error for the calculation of the following 2012/13 EMR data items (when the 2013 DEFRA conversion factors should have been used). The corrected values are shown after each data item; E3NRCEW - Non-residential scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 43.967 tonnes, E3RCEW - Residential scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 5.231 tonnes, E3CEWT - Total scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 48.199 tonnes. These figures have been suppressed from the table.
Brunel University have reported that the following 2012/13 EMR data items were reported incorrectly. The corrected values are shown after each data item; E3NRCEW - Non-residential scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 11 tonnes. E3RCEW - Residential scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 17 tonnes. E3CEWT - Total scope 3 carbon emissions from waste; 28 tonnes. These figures have been suppressed from the table.
For further data intelligence, please see the following web page:
This page is regularly updated as and when new issues are identified and explained.