Welcome to HESA's Press Office
We aim to provide a swift responsive service to enquiries from members of the media regarding statistics on higher education in the UK. Our Press Officer is Simon Kemp.
Our data and analysis pages contain much of the free data and analysis we produce. Should you require something more detailed or are unable to find what you need please contact us.
Telephone: 01242 211120
Twitter profile: @ukhesa.
|Students by domicile and level of study 2015/16|
Further breakdowns by domicile can be found in the Statistical First Release
Out of a total of 240,725 full-time first degree graduates from 2015/16 whose destinations were known:
- 73% were in employment (including those in both work and further study),
- 17% were in further study only and
- 5% were unemployed.
- Of those employed, 71% were in professional employment.
Other useful data tables
- Number of students at each university (including UK/EU/non-EU domicile)
- Number of staff at each university
- Number of students studying each subject
- Number of qualifications obtained in each subject
For earlier years' data use the filter/search function at www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis/students/overviews
- In 2015/16 there were 127,440 EU domicile students studying at UK HE providers - 6% of the total student population. (ref: www.hesa.ac.uk/news/12-01-2017/sfr242-student-enrolments-and-qualifications)
- In 2015/16 there were 33,735 EU nationality academic staff working at UK HE providers - 17% of all academic staff. (ref: www.hesa.ac.uk/news/19-01-2017/sfr243-staff)
- EU government bodies accounted for £715 million (12%) of research grants and contracts income for UK HE providers in 2015/16.
If you need to use our logo, please get in touch with our Communications team. You'll need to let us know what purpose you require the logo for, and what format you'd like it in.