Welcome to HESA's Press Office
We aim to provide a swift responsive service to enquiries from members of the media regarding statistics on higher education in the UK. Our Press Officer is Simon Kemp.
Our Open data and Official Statistics pages contain link to all the open data we publish. Should you require something more detailed or are unable to find what you need please contact us:
T Please email with a phone number and we will call you back.
Please note that official statistics are published at 09:30 and are not released under embargo.
Open data for the 2018/19 academic year
- Who's studying in HE? – the personal characteristics of students.
- Where do they come from? – includes the numbers non-UK students by country of origin.
- Where do they study? – full HE provider level breakdowns.
- What do they study? – the subjects and courses that students take
- What are their progression rates and qualifications? – including degree classifications by HE provider.
- Contents of releases – list of available tables and charts.
- Widening participation – proportion of entrants from under-represented groups.
- Non-continuation rates – proportion of entrants not continuing their studies.
- Who’s working in HE? – the personal characteristics of staff.
- What areas do they work in? – breakdowns by cost centre (academic department/discipline).
- What are their employment conditions? - contract terms, seniority, etc.
- What are their salaries? - personal and contract breakdowns by salary band.
- Where do they work, come from and go to? - inflow and outflow of academic staff.
- Contents of releases - list of available tables and charts.
If you need to use our logo, please get in touch with our Communications team. You'll need to let us know what purpose you require the logo for, and what format you'd like it in.